Vertical Type Mask Tool
The Vertical Type Mask Tool creates creates type-shaped selections.
- In the Toolbox, select the Vertical Type Mask Tool.
- Set on the Options bar font options:
family (style), size and anti-aliasing
- Click on the image; Photoshop automatically adds a
kind of quick mask.
- While you are typing, the cursor looks like this ,
so you can adjust typed text position without changing the tool.
- When ready, select any other tool to return to standard editing
Now you can edit selected area.
Tip. Just in case you didn't know, the Vertical Type Mask tool is also available in Photoshop Elements that is way cheaper version.
And if you believe, Photoshop Elements lacks some other important feature, be sure to visit this page.