Magic Eraser Tool
The Magic Eraser Tool automatically clears continuously colored areas:
- In the Toolbox, select the Magic Eraser Tool.
- Click on an area to erase.
- "Contiguous" checkbox on the Options bar (checked by default) limits the tool's range to adjacent
areas only, while deselicting it allows to erase similar pixels all over image.
- In the Options bar, you can also set "Tolerance" (the tool's sesitivity) and stroke "Opacity".
- "Anti-alliased" option smooths edges of erased areas.
Tip. Just in case you didn't know, the Magic Eraser tool is also available in Photoshop Elements that is way cheaper version.
And if you believe, Photoshop Elements lacks some other important feature, be sure to visit this page.