The automation in Photoshop is mainly action-based. An action is a recorded sequence of your steps that can be reproduced afterwards.
Photoshop comes to you with a number of pre-packaged actions. So, let's begin with them.
1. Open an image from our ASAP folder (default path is C:\ASAP).
2. Display the Actions palette (pull-down menu Window > Actions). You will see the default set of predefined actions.
3. Expand the "Default Actions.atn" set.
4. Select the "Wood Frame - 50 pixel" action and click "playback" button.
5. A message warning us that "Image size must be a minimum of 100 pixel wide and tall" pops up. The babylon.jpg meets this requirement, so we may continue (movie). One moment please... Ready!