makes a vector shape layer based on the composite image contents.
- Open any image.
- By default, the script selects on the picture the darker areas. To use the lighter areas, just invert the image color (fig. 1) by pressing [Ctrl+I] keys.
- In the Effects panel, double-click the "Vectorizer" thumbnail.
- In the dialog box that opens, play with the "Threshold" slider to achieve the best black-to-white ratio (fig. 2). Now the darker areas of your image are selected (fig. 3).
- There appears the "Refine Edge" dialog. If necessary, smooth the jagged edges to round the outlines of the created path (fig. 3).
- As result, you get a new vector shape layer. To change its color call the Color Picker by double-clicking on the "Color Fill" layer thumbnail (fig. 5).